Wholesale Sunflower Husk Briquettes
Our top quality sunflower husk briquettes are made from biological waste which is produced as a by-product during sunflower oil extraction. During the oil extraction, sunflower husk is disposed of oil and there is therefore no risk of damaging chimneys or furnaces. The dry biomass is pressed into the desired shape during compression under high pressure and at high temperature. Due to its considerable density, the fuel reaches a very high calorific value during the combustion process. Because of this fact, sunflower briquettes burn and glow longer than wood briquettes, which makes them ideal for night heating. During the combustion there is little to no smoke and smell and the small amount of ash that remains after burning can be used as a fertilizer for your garden. Due to the compression under high pressure, the briquettes are easy to store and do not fall apart. They are sold in plastic packaging which makes them cleaner and less bulky than firewood. They are also ready to use because the moisture content is very low. In a dry environment, briquettes can be stored for several years. Suitable for all stoves, boilers and fireplaces where they burn like wood & glow like coal!
|1 ton||from €129 (FCA)|
|1 truck (22 tons)||from €2,840 (FCA)|
|Size:||30 x 5 x 5 cm|
|Composition:||100% sunflower husk seeds|
|Calorific value:||>19 MJ/kg|
|Moisture content:||6.9 %|
|Ash content:||2.9 %|
OTHER PRICING FACTORS
Our wholesale price further depends on:
- Distribution volume: the larger the volume ordered, the cheaper the price.
- Your location: some countries have higher/lower transportation costs than others.
- Season: briquettes bought in spring or summer are cheaper that pellets bought in fall or winter.
FCA (free carrier)
Custom-cleared goods from our warehouse are handed over to the transportation company of your choice. You pay for custom-cleared goods and organize delivery yourself.
DDP (delivered duty paid)
Custom-cleared goods are delivered by our transportation company to your warehouse. You pay for custom-cleared goods and for transport. The minimum order is 22–24 tons (1 truckload).
Briquettes are packed into packs of 10 kg, wrapped in a plastic foil and stacked on pallets. There are usually 96 packs per pallet (960 kg) but a different weight is also possible.
Why choose us?
large supply capacity
top quality products with certification
DDP or FCA delivery terms
different packaging options
professional customer service
quick and easy order
delivery of product samples
pay after delivery
assistance with marketing
we care about the environment
Advantages of sunflower husk briquettes
ideal for night heating
high calorific value
long burning time
minimal ash content
low moisture content
easy storing and manipulation
ready to use
no glue or additives
burn like wood and glow like coal
strong and compressed
Why is it a good idea to use briquettes?
savings compared to natural gas
savings compared to electricity
lower consumption compared to coal
of briquettes replaces 4-5 m³ of firewood
Production and sustainability
The only ingredient used to produce our sunflower husk briquettes are sunflower seed husks – a by-product of agriculture. Unlike fossil fuels, the supply of which has been steadily decreasing and the price of which has been steadily increasing, sunflower seed husks are renewable and inexhaustible source of energy, which does not pollute the environment. Sunflower husk briquettes do not contain any glue, additives, sulfur, halogens or heavy metals.
Burning sunflower husk briquettes is CO2 neutral because the amount of CO2 released equals only to the amount of CO2 consumed by the sunflowers during their growth in sustainably managed sunflower fields. No smoke, smell or harmful chemicals emerge during combustion. Furthermore, the small amount of ash that remains after burning can be used as a rare mineral fertilizer for gardening, as it is high in phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, potassium hydroxide and other important trace elements.
And what about the plastic wraps? Burning them is not eco-friendly but it is possible to recycle them. Please make sure to tell you customers to never throw the plastic wraps in fire. Plastic wraps should be sorted out so that they end up at special centers for secondary processing of plastic waste. Thank you in advance on behalf of our company and the entire planet Earth for your effort to preserve the environment for our generation as well as the generations that will follow.
Sunflower husk briquettes sold by Ecotop Energy Ltd. are made from an organic biomass material: sunflower seed husks. The principle of production of briquettes is based on conversion of biomass of high volume, high humidity and low calorific value into finer forms of fuel. This makes for an environmentally friendly and ready to use fuel which has a high calorific value and takes minimal storage space. Nowadays, it is the only renewable source of energy that is able to satisfy energy needs for heating up our homes (water and sun energy is not sufficient).
Stages of production:
- The raw material is placed into a high-volume container.
- Biomass is dried in a rotary drum dryer, using itself as an energy source to heat it up.
- Molding on screw pressing line: sunflower seed husks are put into a “meat grinder” and then pressed by a screw into the molding chamber at a temperature of 300 °C. An infinite briquette with a square cross-section comes out of the pressing line at a density of 1,270 kg/m3 and it is then cut. Molding results in volume reduction of the material (12:1) and lignin plastification, which takes over the function of a binder. The high temperature provides for sealing of the briquette surface, which therefore becomes more resistant to humidity.
- Briquettes are packed into packs of 10 kg and wrapped in a plastic foil, which protects them from moisture and allows them to be easily handled. For easy transportation, the packs are stacked on a pallet. In order to ensure safe manipulation, the pallet is wrapped by a stretch wrap and a plastic packing strip.